Houston takes the biggest slice of the pie when it comes to the top 20 master planned communities ranked by home starts at the midyear mark.
Metrostudy's recent ranking included eight MPC from the Bayou City area, five of which are new to the list this year.
Overall, as land has become more scarce and communities near their build-out point, top MPCs like Cinco Ranch and the Woodlands have found themselves sliding down the list as their home starts slowed.
Here are the rankings for Houston MPCs:
- Cinco Ranch moved down a spot from No. 3 last year to No. 4 with 890 starts so far this year. Annual stats a year ago show that the Fort Bend County community had 998 starts.
- The Woodlands ranked at No. 5 with 845 home starts, down from the No. 2 spot last year. At the same period last year, the MPC had 1,106 starts.
- Riverstone, a Johnson Development Corp. community in Fort Bend County, ranked at No. 8 on the list, jumping up from No. 19 the same time last year. Its home starts skyrocketed from 298 last year to 634 so far this year.
- Sienna Plantation, also a Johnson Development community in Fort Bend County, jumped on to the list at No. 13, with 438 starts so far this year.
- Cross Creek Ranch, another Fort Bend community from Johnson Development, rose through the ranks to become No. 15 on the list with 405 starts.
- Aliana, an Aliana Development community in Fort Bend County, ranked at No. 17 with 374 home starts so far this year, a 76.4 percent increase from annual starts a year ago.
- Firethrone, a Jefferson Development project in Fort Bend, ranked right behind at No. 18with 365 starts this year.
- And last but not least, Woodforest, another Johnson Development project, capped off the top 20 with 354 home starts so far this year.
Click here for the original article.